The Missoula Debate & Online Cash Advance
In Missoula, Montana, there has been a heated debate for the last few days over whether or not there should be a capped interest rate for payday loans. The League of Women Voters was gracious enough to hold an open debate on Tuesday Night for both sides to defend their ideas on payday lending and the initiative 164. The initiative 164 would place a 36 percent interest capping rate on all payday loans and title loans. Those who are in favor of this initiative agree that charging 400 percent on the average payday loan is predatory and this regulation will help to protect consumers from poor payday lending practices, especially those who are from a lower income and seniors. Greg Harper, who is from the Consumer Credit Council, is in agreement with the initiative as he wants to help his clients reach out from the pits of debt and see an end to high interest payday loans. Those who oppose the Initiative 164 say that capping the interest rate is unfair since this will force the short term loan industry out of business. The opponents also say that bank overdraft fees can be as high as 700 percent so if anyone should be targeted it should be them. They say that banks can charge $35 for bouncing a $5 check where as in the payday lending industry they make approximately $15 for every $100 taken out, which is relatively small. Whether this initiative goes to court or not, remains in the hands of the courtroom. The date is set for September 30th, where this 2 day trial will determine whether or not Initiative 164 can be placed on the November voting ballot.Fill in the online loan application
We will be able to give you access of up to $500 and your credit does not mean a thing to us. You will receive instant approval with an active bank account, a steady job and proof of your age. You must be 18 or older to qualify. Learn more about payday loans on our site before applying.
- How It Works
- Frequent Questions
- Online Application
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Military Payday Loans
Cash advance and consumer payday loans information
- Don’t Give up On Missouri Cash Advances
- Colorado Cash Advance and Payday Loan Bill
- Can You Receive a Cash Advance if You are Self Employed?
- 30 Day Cash Advances
- Using a Savings Account for a Cash Advance
- New Payday Loan Laws in Texas?
- Montana Cash Advance Laws
- Changes to Mississippi Cash Advance Lending
- Essential Requirements for an Online Cash Advance
- Arizona Cash Advances On the Rise Again
- Kentucky Cash Advance Interest Cap Fails
- An Easier Way to Get Fast Cash
- Proposed Mississippi Consumer Protection
- The Connection Between Indian Tribes and Payday Lending
- Valentine’s Day Online Cash Advances
- Payday Lending Cap Fails in South Dakota
- Interested in a Mississippi Cash Advance?
- How to Get a Cash Advance if You Live in NY
- No Payday Loans in New York
- Get Fast Cash in Under One Hour