The Consequences of Payday Loans Regulations
Dealing with the payday loan industry is a difficult feat. On the one hand, online cash advance lenders offer funds to people who have used up their other resources and cannot receive traditional loans. On the other, if these loans are not paid back on time, then there can be major consequences including falling into a cycle of debt where lenders can charge outrageous interest rates of up to 1000 percent if not regulated. The state of Washington passed heavy restrictions on payday loans last year. These rules have had some devastating consequences on all payday lenders in the state. These new regulations limit customers to only taking out a maximum of 8 loans per year at any payday lending institution in Washington. These loans cannot offer anymore than 700 dollars for each loan. This has had devastating consequences for payday lenders in Washington like Kevin McCarthy whose 12 out of 22 stores have closed in 2010, one year after the regulations became enforced. The rest of his stores will have a similar demise. There are many more companies like those of McCarthy who have been forced out of business due to these regulations. Even though many people suspect that society will be better off without these short term, high interest rate loans, there are still consequences for the payday loan industry like the amount of jobs that have been lost due to these new regulations. All over the country, there are similar laws and regulations that have been enforced which have also led to the falling of many payday loan lenders and the end to an alternative source of money for people who are in need of funds quickly and who have exasperated all other financial options.Fill in the online loan application
We will be able to give you access of up to $500 and your credit does not mean a thing to us. You will receive instant approval with an active bank account, a steady job and proof of your age. You must be 18 or older to qualify. Learn more about payday loans on our site before applying.
- How It Works
- Frequent Questions
- Online Application
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Military Payday Loans
Cash advance and consumer payday loans information
- Don’t Give up On Missouri Cash Advances
- Colorado Cash Advance and Payday Loan Bill
- Can You Receive a Cash Advance if You are Self Employed?
- 30 Day Cash Advances
- Using a Savings Account for a Cash Advance
- New Payday Loan Laws in Texas?
- Montana Cash Advance Laws
- Changes to Mississippi Cash Advance Lending
- Essential Requirements for an Online Cash Advance
- Arizona Cash Advances On the Rise Again
- Kentucky Cash Advance Interest Cap Fails
- An Easier Way to Get Fast Cash
- Proposed Mississippi Consumer Protection
- The Connection Between Indian Tribes and Payday Lending
- Valentine’s Day Online Cash Advances
- Payday Lending Cap Fails in South Dakota
- Interested in a Mississippi Cash Advance?
- How to Get a Cash Advance if You Live in NY
- No Payday Loans in New York
- Get Fast Cash in Under One Hour