Loopholes in Online Cash Advance State Laws
Recently, online cash advance companies have been under major scrutiny, especially in the state of Washington. In 2010, a new state law placed restrictions on Washington online cash advances which caused a large slump in the industry, even casuing some payday lenders to shut their doors permanently. One of the new restrictions was limiting payday loans to 8 per year. If consumers were unable to pay back their debts, an installment plan was offered which guaranteed that lenders would lose money in the 2010 fiscal year. Up to one third of cash advance lenders were put out of business because of this law. Those who were not forced out of business, have found ways to keep their doors open to the public in order to offer them a valuable service. After all, an online cash advance is a small sum of money that is borrowed and paid back when the next paycheck arrives, on average, two weeks. For people who have bad credit and are unable to receive fast cash any other way to pay for their emergency expenses when their cash flow runs tight, online cash advances are extremely important services. Without these serivces, these people will be unable to pay for their expenses, leading them into just as much debt and worse consequences such as losing their job because they are unable to afford their car repair bills or get sick because they cannot pay for their medicine on time. Companies are now giving out gift cards to be purchased that can be used like debit cards. This credit transaction is similar to a payday loan as you pay interest on the amount placed on the card but it is exempt from washington state law. Since lenders are unable to give out loans in a different manner, this is the way that they have found around it. Due to these tactics around washington payday loans, the state legislators are now rethinking the restrictions placed on lenders last year. A hearing will be held to discuss the future of cash advances in the state.Fill in the online loan application
We will be able to give you access of up to $500 and your credit does not mean a thing to us. You will receive instant approval with an active bank account, a steady job and proof of your age. You must be 18 or older to qualify. Learn more about payday loans on our site before applying.
- How It Works
- Frequent Questions
- Online Application
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Military Payday Loans
Cash advance and consumer payday loans information
- Don’t Give up On Missouri Cash Advances
- Colorado Cash Advance and Payday Loan Bill
- Can You Receive a Cash Advance if You are Self Employed?
- 30 Day Cash Advances
- Using a Savings Account for a Cash Advance
- New Payday Loan Laws in Texas?
- Montana Cash Advance Laws
- Changes to Mississippi Cash Advance Lending
- Essential Requirements for an Online Cash Advance
- Arizona Cash Advances On the Rise Again
- Kentucky Cash Advance Interest Cap Fails
- An Easier Way to Get Fast Cash
- Proposed Mississippi Consumer Protection
- The Connection Between Indian Tribes and Payday Lending
- Valentine’s Day Online Cash Advances
- Payday Lending Cap Fails in South Dakota
- Interested in a Mississippi Cash Advance?
- How to Get a Cash Advance if You Live in NY
- No Payday Loans in New York
- Get Fast Cash in Under One Hour