Kentucky Cash Advance Interest Cap Fails
A proposal on Kentucky cash advances was shut down in the house Banking and Insurance Committee today. This proposal would have allowed the state government to place a tough restriction on payday loans and cash advances, capping the interest rates at 36 percent. Other states where the interest was capped at 36 percent has lead many of these cash advance lenders to shut down their operations. Every state is in charge of placing laws on cash advances and payday loans. This means as a consumer, the laws regarding a Colorado cash advance can be extremely different from a California cash advance. Some states have banned online cash advances. Many states have followed in the same suit to start lowering and capping the interest rates on cash advances. Consumer groups wanted to add Kentucky to this list of states that have forced a set interest rate on cash advances. There are currently 17 states and the District of Columbia that have a capped interest rate. Many other states are currently in the talks for setting limitations. The legislation will not be revived this year but due to the close vote 10-13, it is likely that Kentucky will once again encounter a vote on capping the interest rates in Kentucky.Fill in the online loan application
We will be able to give you access of up to $500 and your credit does not mean a thing to us. You will receive instant approval with an active bank account, a steady job and proof of your age. You must be 18 or older to qualify. Learn more about payday loans on our site before applying.
- How It Works
- Frequent Questions
- Online Application
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Military Payday Loans
Cash advance and consumer payday loans information
- Don’t Give up On Missouri Cash Advances
- Colorado Cash Advance and Payday Loan Bill
- Can You Receive a Cash Advance if You are Self Employed?
- 30 Day Cash Advances
- Using a Savings Account for a Cash Advance
- New Payday Loan Laws in Texas?
- Montana Cash Advance Laws
- Changes to Mississippi Cash Advance Lending
- Essential Requirements for an Online Cash Advance
- Arizona Cash Advances On the Rise Again
- Kentucky Cash Advance Interest Cap Fails
- An Easier Way to Get Fast Cash
- Proposed Mississippi Consumer Protection
- The Connection Between Indian Tribes and Payday Lending
- Valentine’s Day Online Cash Advances
- Payday Lending Cap Fails in South Dakota
- Interested in a Mississippi Cash Advance?
- How to Get a Cash Advance if You Live in NY
- No Payday Loans in New York
- Get Fast Cash in Under One Hour