Changes to Mississippi Cash Advance Lending
Changes in cash advance lending have finally come to Mississippi. The final version of the bill which will forever change payday lending in the state was passed on Minday. Nevertheless, this is not the final word. There may still be a couple of battles to overturn this bill. Basically with the passing of this bill, the amount that borrowers must pay back for online cash advances will be reduced. There may be further debate despite the passing before the bill moves into the senate. Currently, the APR that is charged on cash advances and payday loans in Mississippi is 572 percent. Keep in mind, that Mississippi is also one of the poorest states in the nation which makes the cycle of debt and predatory lending an extremely strong argument in this state. Many of the religious leaders have been protesting against cash advances in Mississippi. Payday lending has operated in the state since 1998 and the current law will expire in 2012. Every state has their own common payday loan laws. These laws vary from state to state which is why it is important to recognize the differences between state laws while lending. The maximum amount that one can take out in the state is $400. This loan is paid back in 14 days or when the next paycheck arrives. Interest of $21.95 is paid on a $100 loan. Some borrowers are unable to pay back these loans which means that they must rollover their original loan until they can repay the cash advance. Some of the new laws that would go into effect with this bill would give borrowers the liberty to payback a short term loan over a period of 30 days rather than 14. The interest rate would be lowered. For example, only $20 would be paid on a $100 loan and up to $250. From $251 to $400, the fee woul dincrease to 21.95 per one hundred dollars.Fill in the online loan application
We will be able to give you access of up to $500 and your credit does not mean a thing to us. You will receive instant approval with an active bank account, a steady job and proof of your age. You must be 18 or older to qualify. Learn more about payday loans on our site before applying.
- How It Works
- Frequent Questions
- Online Application
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Military Payday Loans
Cash advance and consumer payday loans information
- Don’t Give up On Missouri Cash Advances
- Colorado Cash Advance and Payday Loan Bill
- Can You Receive a Cash Advance if You are Self Employed?
- 30 Day Cash Advances
- Using a Savings Account for a Cash Advance
- New Payday Loan Laws in Texas?
- Montana Cash Advance Laws
- Changes to Mississippi Cash Advance Lending
- Essential Requirements for an Online Cash Advance
- Arizona Cash Advances On the Rise Again
- Kentucky Cash Advance Interest Cap Fails
- An Easier Way to Get Fast Cash
- Proposed Mississippi Consumer Protection
- The Connection Between Indian Tribes and Payday Lending
- Valentine’s Day Online Cash Advances
- Payday Lending Cap Fails in South Dakota
- Interested in a Mississippi Cash Advance?
- How to Get a Cash Advance if You Live in NY
- No Payday Loans in New York
- Get Fast Cash in Under One Hour