Canadian Payday Lenders At Risk
Every week it seems that one of Manitoba's payday lenders is shutting its doors to the community. Such stores that have shut down in the recent week are Cheque Stop and MoneyMax with more lenders to share their destiny. But why are these super store payday lenders going out of business so quickly? New laws and regulations have been put into place. Less lenders are able to turn a profit which means their only resort is to close down shop. The Canadian Payday Loan Association had told council that payday lenders would be forced out of business if the restrictions on payday loans were too high, including lowering and capping interest rates. The new regulations were put into place on October 18th. The interest rate is now capped at 17 percent per one hundred dollars, or $17. Payday lenders normally take a fairly high percentage of one's salary in order to determine the maximum loan amount that can be given to this person. However, the new restrictions say that only 30 percent of one's net pay can be the loan maximum. Out of all of the provinces, Manitoba's interest rate is now the lowest. These restrictions were put into place in order to control high interest rates, poor business practices and vicious cycles of debt that very few borrowers are able to overcome alone.Fill in the online loan application
We will be able to give you access of up to $500 and your credit does not mean a thing to us. You will receive instant approval with an active bank account, a steady job and proof of your age. You must be 18 or older to qualify. Learn more about payday loans on our site before applying.
- How It Works
- Frequent Questions
- Online Application
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Military Payday Loans
Cash advance and consumer payday loans information
- Don’t Give up On Missouri Cash Advances
- Colorado Cash Advance and Payday Loan Bill
- Can You Receive a Cash Advance if You are Self Employed?
- 30 Day Cash Advances
- Using a Savings Account for a Cash Advance
- New Payday Loan Laws in Texas?
- Montana Cash Advance Laws
- Changes to Mississippi Cash Advance Lending
- Essential Requirements for an Online Cash Advance
- Arizona Cash Advances On the Rise Again
- Kentucky Cash Advance Interest Cap Fails
- An Easier Way to Get Fast Cash
- Proposed Mississippi Consumer Protection
- The Connection Between Indian Tribes and Payday Lending
- Valentine’s Day Online Cash Advances
- Payday Lending Cap Fails in South Dakota
- Interested in a Mississippi Cash Advance?
- How to Get a Cash Advance if You Live in NY
- No Payday Loans in New York
- Get Fast Cash in Under One Hour